- Watch turtles hatching at Ra’as al Haad on Frankincense and Fortresses, a nine-night tour that explores the ancient and exotic Sultanate of Oman. Departing 21 April 2017 & 20 April 2018, the price for this Special Departure is from £2,495 pp* (from £2,195 pp* at other times of the year).
- Follow the story of War & Peace and the life of Leo Tolstoy on Russian Capitals, a seven-night tour that takes in St. Petersburg and Moscow, travelling between cities by high-speed ‘Sapsan’ train. Departing 15 August 2017, the price for this Special Departure is from £1,595 pp* (from £1,125 pp* at other times of the year). This itinerary is also available on Grand Tour of the Baltics, a 17-night journey through five countries surrounding the Baltic Sea. Departing 5 August 2017, the price for this Special Departure is from £2,875 pp* (from £2,495 pp* at other times of the year).
- Alternatively, visit Russia in early November, when Jules Verne’s fascinating itinerary coincides with the 100th anniversary of the start of the Russian Revolution, Russian Capitals(details above), departing 7 November 2017, from £1,345 pp* (from £1,125 pp* at other times of the year).
- Enjoy the world-renowned spring cherry blossom or the equally impressive autumn colours on Discover Japan, a nine-night tour visiting Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Tokyo that includes travel by the famous Bullet Train. Departing 7 & 21 October 2017 (autumn colours) and 24 & 31 March and 7 April 2018 (cherry blossom), the price for these Special Departures is from £3,295 pp* and £3,895 pp* respectively (from £3,145 pp* at other times of the year).
- Experience the vibrant Esala Perahera Festival in Kandy – an annual celebration of dancers, drumming, chiefs in medieval court dress and elephants adorned in colourful trappings, all parading through the streets – on Grand Tour of Sri Lanka, an 11-night tour of the island’s ancient sites, hill stations, national parks, temples and wildlife. Departing 9 August 2017, the price for this Special Departure is from £2,595 pp* (from £1,995 pp* at other times of the year).
- Attend the spectacular Madeira Flower Festival in Funchal - expect carpets of blooms on the city’s streets, flower shows, and folklore and classical music performances – on A Slice of Madeira, a five-night break on the pretty sub-tropical isle that includes two escorted garden tours. Departing 6 May 2017, the price for this Special Departure is from £725 pp* (from £595 pp* for a four-night holiday at other times of the year).
- Spend a day at one of Bhutan’s famous festivals (Tshechus) in honour of Guru Rinpoche, who brought Buddhism to the mountain kingdom, on Bhutan & the Himalayas, a 14-night tour that also visits Kolkata, Darjeeling and Delhi. In spring, witness the Paro Tshechu at Rinpung Dzong and, in autumn, the largest Thimphu Tshechu at Trashichoe Dzong. Departing 6 April & 27 September 2017, the price for these Special Departures is from £3,695 pp* (from £2,895 pp* for a 12-night holiday at other times of the year).
- Watch Andrea Bocelli in concert at Teatro del Silenzio in Lajatico (3 August) on Treasures of Tuscany, a seven-night visit encompassing multiple-night stays and sightseeing in Florence, Siena and Pisa. Departing 26 July 2017, the price for this Special Departure is from £1,445 pp* (from £1,245 pp* at other times of the year).
- Join fellow birdwatching enthusiasts on Central America’s Garden of Eden, a 12-night adaptation of Jules Verne’s popular Costa Rica tour that visits some of the country’s best birdwatching spots, using specialised naturalist guides and charming small-scale accommodation to create an unforgettable holiday. Departing on various dates throughout 2017 and 2018, the price for this Special Departure is from £2,345 pp* (from £2,095 pp* at other times of the year).
Travelling in small escorted groups led by expert guides who showcase the true character of a destination, whether closer to home or far-flung, Jules Verne clients can always be assured of authentic travel experiences with a twist. Choices range from relaxing rail experiences to unforgettable grand tours and itineraries created with a particular focus on history, art and culture, or wildlife. Many of Jules Verne’s holidays also include a VJV Special Event, creating even more wonderful travel memories…
Foodies can sample a typical tapas lunch at a private home (cortijo) in the Andalucían hills (A Journey through Andalucía, from £1,025 pp*), take dinner with members of the Hindu Royal family at India’s Khajurgaon Palace (Return to India, from £2,345 pp*) or visit a rural home in Costa Rica to taste local produce and learn more about farming in that community (Grand Tour of Costa Rica, from £3,345 pp*). The choices for culture vultures range from a Sichuan Opera in Chengdu (Discover China from £2,645 pp*) or a traditional Sudanese evening of whirling dervish performances, music and dancing (Kingdom of the Black Pharaohs, from £2,770 pp*) to a guided tour of the private Fabergé Museum in St. Petersburg (various tours available, including Passage to St. Petersburg, from £1,125 pp*).
Solo travellers will find plenty to please them among the pages of the new Worldwide Journeys brochure, too, as Jules Verne adds further departures and dates to its No Single Supplement programme. Choose from tempting European escapes such as An Iberian River Journey (from £1,530 pp*), Treasures of Sicily (from £995 pp*) and Cyprus North to South (from £1,145 pp*) - or consider exotic, longer-haul options that include Uzbekistan (The Golden Road to Samarkand, from £2,045 pp*), India (Images of India, from £2,295 pp*) and Tanzania (Serengeti and the Secret Migration, from £2,995 pp*).
Celebrating its 40th anniversary next year, Jules Verne remains true to the sense of adventure and desire to discover the world that was behind its formation back in 1978, when the company’s first journey took passengers from London to Hong Kong at a time when China remained very much an unknown holiday destination.
Fully ABTA and ATOL bonded,and winner of many travel awards, Jules Verne’s expert staff organise every detail, ensuring that clients can book in complete confidence. This commitment is further reinforced by Jules Verne’s 100% Price Guarantee; the holiday price is fixed when clients book and will remain so, even if Jules Verne’s costs increase subsequently.
For more information or for a copy of the new Worldwide Journeys brochure, call 020 3553 3722, visit the Jules Verne website at www.vjv.com or view it online here.
*According to the itinerary chosen, prices are based on two sharing and include air travel (London – regional departures on request, where available), taxes, transfers, accommodation, some meals, a sightseeing programme, and the services of guides and local representatives.
Ends / 19 January 2017
Press: For more information on Jules Verne contact Karen Carpenter at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. At Jules Verne, contact Prini Patel on 020 7633 6783 or email email@example.com.