VOYAGES JULES VERNE WAS FOUNDED ON THE BASIS OF ONE SIMPLE IDEA
- to operate a train from London to Peking (Beijing) and thence to Hong Kong. In doing so the market to China was opened up at a time, remarkably, when the ‘bamboo curtain’ was still officially in place.
SERENISSIMA TRAVEL WAS ACQUIRED
and added a complementary list of cultural itineraries to the overall portfolio as well as introducing clients to themed travel such as walking, music & opera and cruising.
Most notably the Tian-an-Men Square incident in China and the Gulf War, further shaped the future of the company as even more diversification was necessary.
Far from bemoaning the travel recession at the time, this resulted in an expansion of the company’s portfolio while still retaining the core group travel ethos.
VOYAGES JULES VERNE WAS ACQUIRED BY KUONI TRAVEL
- but still retains its independent and innovative approach to a comprehensive list of destinations and themes.
FURTHER INNOVATIVE TRAIN JOURNEYS WERE TO FOLLOW AND MANY TRAVEL FIRSTS WERE ALSO ACHIEVED INCLUDING INAUGURAL FLIGHTS TO PREVIOUSLY INACCESSIBLE AREAS AND THE OPENING OF REMOTE BORDER CROSSING POINTS.
NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHES
Featuring a new search on tour name, country, departure date and holiday duration.
The sale of European tour operating activities to REWE Group was completed, and its tourism division DER Touristik, took over Kuoni Group’s tour operating activities in Switzerland, Scandinavia, Benelux and the UK which includes Voyages Jules Verne.
VOYAGES JULES VERNE REBRANDS
- to Jules Verne with redesigns of the logo, brochures, adverts and company stationery.
JULES VERNE LAUNCHES NEW SOLO GROUP DEPARTURES
- on a selection of tours, guaranteeing that single travellers will join groups of like-minded people who are also holidaying on their own.
JULES VERNE CELEBRATES 40 YEARS
- by launching a 40th Anniversary brochure, featuring a comprehensive selection of travel arrangements. Mindful of our name-sake’s fictional creation, this selection was comprised of some of our all-time favourites and added to these, places that we did not normally visit. Each itinerary was very special in its own right, featuring unique and exclusive experiences to amaze and surprise, with undiscovered treasures and encounters not accessible to regular travellers.
The highlight of this brochure was a modern version of our first overland tour from London to Hong Kong travelling through France, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia, Mongolia and China.
Jules Verne’s first train journey is re-created as a 40th anniversary celebratory tour. ‘The Central Kingdom Express’ from London to Hong Kong departs with 58 delighted customers.
Jules Verne launches Great Journeys of the World encompassing adventures somewhere extraordinary to celebrate that special event or occasion, or to experience the travel adventure of a lifetime. This programme delved deep into a destination through meaningful experiences and authentic connections with the people, wildlife, cultural treasures and natural wonders.
Jules Verne partners with travel review platform Feefo to provide honest and genuine feedback from customers which are viewable on the website.
INTRODUCED UK TOURS
Jules Verne introduces a selection of UK tours following a worldwide travel ban due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These became popular during the next two years of on and off lockdowns.
TODAY THE RANGE OF PRODUCT ENCOMPASSES LONGHAUL AND SHORTHAUL, WEEKENDS AND EXPEDITIONS, THE CONVENTIONAL AND THE UNEXPECTED, A VARIETY OF THEMES AND SPECIAL INTERESTS - ALL UNDERPINNED BY QUALITY AND VALUE FOR MONEY.
Jules Verne launches the first Closer to Home brochure, featuring all of our UK tours which had been continually expanded during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Jules Verne launches a new Podcast called Passepartout – People & Places, paying homage to the rich tapestry of travel and evoking the spirit of adventure.
Jules Verne launches Small Group Tours & Cruises brochure featuring our top 50 tours.
Jules Verne redesigns the main Worldwide Journeys brochure featuring more images of people. The design is fresher and brighter and takes elements of the new website design.
JULES VERNE CELEBRATES 45 YEARS
JULES VERNE CELEBRATES 45 YEARS
Jules Verne begins selling through a selection of travel agencies to increase brand awareness.
Jules Verne redesigns and launches The Explorers mini-brochure.
Jules Verne launches The Wonders of Egypt brochure.
Jules Verne launches Small Group Tours & Cruises mini-brochure.
Jules Verne launches a new website with online bookings and Manage my Booking functionalities.