Specialist tour operator, Voyages Jules Verne, has been rated Best Holiday Company in the 2015 Which? Travel survey, the results of which have just been announced. Scoring an impressive 94% overall, Voyages Jules Verne was also the only company to be awarded five stars in each of the five categories on which it was assessed: customer service, accommodation, description matching reality, the tours offered and value for money.
Welcoming the news, Voyages Jules Verne’s Head of Product & Marketing, David Pattison, commented:
“We are immensely proud of this prestigious accolade, particularly as it has been voted for by travellers themselves. Voyages Jules Verne constantly strives to deliver excellence in every aspect of its service – from creating new and engaging itineraries worldwide that respond to our clients’ ever-evolving requirements, to ensuring that every aspect of the holiday they book is delivered with a professional, yet personal touch. To receive recognition for this via the Which? Travel survey is wonderful and, far from resting on our laurels, will inspire us to continue innovating and improving.”
Joining Voyages Jules Verne’s collection of short breaks and escorted tours across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and The Americas are several new tours with departures until October 2016, including:
- From Corfu to Albania: Contrasting the coastal splendours of Corfu with the historic treasures of Albania, this seven-night holiday ticks off the ancient Albanian cities of Apollonia, Berat, Butrint and Gjirokastra, and the stunning natural scenery of Llogara National Park, before returning to Corfu for highlights that include a visit to a winery and olive press, and a traditional Greek lunch followed by time for a swim, in the seaside village of Acharavi.
Departing 7, 21 & 28 September 2015, From Corfu to Albania costs from £865 pp*.
- Secret Naples: Discover the palaces, castles, churches, catacombs and gardens of the ‘Kingdom of Naples’ during this seven-night trip that also spends time on the beautiful Mediterranean island of Ischia. ‘Secret Naples’ is part of VJV’s Secrets collection, a tempting array of short breaks and longer holidays (from four to 17 nights) that take clients back to a favourite country or region to discover its lesser-known parts. Other ‘Secrets’ destinations include Burma, Lapland, Moldavia, Tanzania and Vietnam, with several options across Italy, including Sicily.
Departing 9 & 23 September and 14 October 2015, Secret Naples costs from £875 pp*.
- Discover Andorra & Catalonia: Journeying from the mountains to the sea, with enchanting en-route diversions to the South of France and Barcelona, this seven-night trip combines visits to three countries: Spanish Catalonia, the French Pyrenées and the principality of Andorra. Enjoy walking tours of Andorra la Vella and Girona, a ride on the ‘Petit Train Jaune’, visits to the Dali Museum in Figueres and Benedictine monastery of Montserrat, and much more.
Departing 16 September 2015 and 6 April, 11 May, 15 June, 14 September & 12 October 2016, Discover Andorra & Catalonia costs from £945 pp*.
- Andalucia to the Atlas Mountains: Traversing southern Spain and northern Africa, this 14-night itinerary encompasses Seville, Granada, Nerja, Tangier, Fez and Rabat before culminating in a two-night stay at the Moroccan five-star Hotel Kenzi Farah in Marrakech. As well as ample opportunity to explore both regions’ Moorish heritage and diverse cultural influences in the company of knowledgeable guides, this tour also features a VJV Special Event: a typical Andalucian tapas lunch at a cortijo (private home), spectacularly set in the hills of Nerja.
Departing 21 October & 4 November 2015, and 24 February, 16 March, 20 April & 11 May 2016, Andalucia to the Atlas Mountains costs from £1,795 pp*.
- Cuba from the Water: As Cuban-American relations start to thaw, take the chance to see the country as it exists today on this 12-night trip, seven nights of which are spent aboard the splendid three-masted motorsailer, MS Panorama, as it cruises Western and Central Cuba. Visit Havana, Trinidad and Cienfuegos, enjoying optional excursions (additional cost) that include Pinar del Rio and Viñales Valley, Guanahacabibes National Park and the Sea Turtle Breeding Centre in Cayo Largo.
Departing 7 & 21 January, 4 & 18 February and 3 & 17 March 2016, Cuba from the Water costs from £2,845 pp*. Price includes an Early Booking Offer - a reduction of £150 pp - on all bookings for this holiday made before 28 September 2015.
*According to the itinerary chosen, prices are based on two sharing and include air travel, taxes, transfers, accommodation, some meals, a sightseeing programme and the services of guides and local representatives.
 Results based on 3,096 experiences of travelling with a holiday company, provided by Which? members during an online survey conducted in March 2015. Holidays assessed must have included accommodation as well as transport and/or an escorted tour. A full report appears in the July issue of Which? Travel magazine and online at www.which.co.uk.
Booking with the best
As well as its Which? members’ accolade, Voyages Jules Verne offers 37 years’ experience of creating innovative and carefully assembled itineraries that cover a variety of themes and special interests, each underpinned by quality and value for money. All its arrangements are fully bonded with ABTA and ATOL, allowing clients to book with complete confidence. This is further affirmed by VJV’s Price Guarantee, which ensures that the price quoted to a client at the time of booking will be the price they pay.
For more information or to book any of the above tours, call Voyages Jules Verne on 0845 166 7035 or visit the website at www.vjv.com.
To view the current edition of VJV’s World of Wonders brochure,spanning worldwide departures until April 2016, please click here. The new edition of World of Wonders will be available from mid-July.
Ends / 2 July 2015
Press: For further information, contact Karen Carpenter at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. At Voyages Jules Verne, contact Prini Patel on 020 7616 1094 or email email@example.com.
Results based on 3,096 experiences of travelling with a holiday company, provided by Which? members during an online survey conducted in March 2015. Holidays assessed must have included accommodation as well as transport and/or an escorted tour. A full report appears in the July issue of Which? Travel magazine and online at www.which.co.uk.