With Blue Monday (said to be the most depressing day of the year!) now safely behind us, it’s time to start looking forward. And what better way to do so than by browsing the pages of Voyages Jules Verne’s latest World of Wonders brochure?
Packed with tempting suggestions for short breaks, long-haul stays and multi-centre holidays across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and The Americas, World of Wonders offers something for everyone, including itineraries with a particular focus on history, culture or wildlife, as well as unforgettable railway journeys and relaxing river and coastal cruising experiences. Each of the trips featured in the brochure has been carefully created to blend all the benefits of travelling in an escorted group - accompanied by an experienced guide - whilst solo travellers will appreciate the array of destinations and departure dates that are available to book without single supplements.
Following updated Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice on travel through the Nile Valley, allowing Egypt’s iconic river once again to be cruised in its entirety, Voyages Jules Verne is delighted to re-introduce its Original Nile Cruise. This ten-night journey from Cairo to Luxor, sailing on the Mövenpick MS Hamees, features fully-escorted sightseeing to rarely-visited sites such as Beni Suef, Beni Hassan, Amarna, Abydos and Denderah, as well as the option to add a four-night Luxor to Aswan extension and/or a pre-tour stay in Cairo, thus creating the ultimate Egypt experience.
Departing 14 April, 10 May, 23 August & 18 September 2015 as well as 12 April & 8 May 2016, The Original Nile Cruise costs from £1,495 pp* with no single supplement (subject to availability) including flights (Heathrow), transfers, ten nights’ full board, excursions and the services of guides and local representatives. The Luxor to Aswan extension costs from £495 pp whilst a two-night Cairo pre-tour stay (at the five-star Mövenpick Cairo Pyramids) costs from £195 pp (two sharing).
NEW to the World of Wonders brochure for 2015:
- Two new itineraries have been added to Voyages Jules Verne’s series of ‘Secret’ tours – the perfect travel solution for those who may already have travelled to a country but now wish to discover its lesser-visited parts. Joining destinations as diverse as Sicily and South Africa in the collection, Secret India ticks off the temples and Golden Chariot of Hampi, Mysore palaces, hill stations and a ride on the Nilgiri steam train amongst its many highlights (14 nights from £1,695 pp*), whilst Secret Burma explores the remote river Chindwin ‘beyond the guidebooks’ on a seven-night cruise aboard the RV Kalay (a Pandaw vessel with just five cabins) that is complemented by a two-night stay in Mandalay and an overnight visit to Rangoon (12 nights from £3,295 pp*).
- Also in Burma, Voyages Jules Verne adds Burmese Days, a 15-night holiday that combines a ten-night Irrawaddy cruise to Mandalay and Bagan – including the ‘Three Defiles’ and a visit to Katha, where George Orwell lived and based his novel, ‘Burmese Days’ – with three nights in Rangoon. The price is from £3,745 pp*.
- Discover Java & Bali on an idyllic 13-night tour that blends the best of both Indonesian islands, staying at four-star hotels throughout, in Yogyakarta, Malang, Tosari, Ubud and Nusa Dua. As well as the chance to visit a traditional Javanese village by ‘Andong’ (horse-drawn carriage), to travel by jeep to view the sunrise from Mount Penanjakan and to spend time at a local school and communal rice farm, this itinerary also includes an exclusive VJV Special Event, during which clients can enjoy a private dinner at the House of Prince Dalem Kaneman, followed by a Ramayana ballet performance. The price is from £2,045 pp*.
- Closer to home but equally appealing, Treasures of Tuscany features multiple-night stays in the iconic Italian cities of Florence, Siena and Pisa, giving travellers ample opportunity to enjoy exquisite sightseeing at a relaxed pace. This seven-night trip also includes a private visit to a Palazzo, wine and olive tasting at a castle in Chianti, a Prosecco aperitivo in Pisa and much more. The price is from £1,145 pp*.
2015 also sees Voyages Jules Verne welcome back two popular tours to the World of Wonders brochure:
- Offering excellent value-for-money in a much sought-after short break destination, Bargain in Marrakech is available as a four or seven-night sortie, staying at either the Hivernage Hotel & Spa (Moroccan five-star) or the Angsana Riads, a selection of small historic riads within the medina. Optional excursion packages (additional cost) range from full-day tours to the Atlas Mountains (by jeep) and the port of Essaouira to escorted sightseeing in Marrakech, including attractions such as the Majorelle Gardens and Koutoubia Minaret. Or simply soak up the sun and sights under your own steam. A four-night trip is from £495 pp*, whilst seven-night sojourns start from just £595 pp*.
- Featuringvisits to ancient ‘stupas’ (Buddhist monuments) and elephant and crocodile breeding centres, as well as a boat ride on the beautiful Phewa Lake and a rickshaw ride through old Kathmandu, Discover Nepal provides a fascinating glimpse of the country’s natural splendour and religious heritage, travelling from the magnificent Himalayas to the birthplace of Buddhism in Lumbini. The price of this 15-night tour is from £1,995 pp*.
*According to the itinerary chosen, prices are based on two sharing (no single supplement on selected tours/departures – subject to availability) and include air travel, taxes, transfers, accommodation, some meals, a sightseeing programme and the services of guides and local representatives.
Seeking a more individual experience?
Whether travelling alone, with a partner/companion or as a ‘closed’ group of family or friends, many of Voyages Jules Verne’s tours are also available as Private Journeys. Offering all the elements of the published itinerary whilst enjoying the comfort and convenience of a private guide and car, Private Journeys can be specially arranged for a relatively modest supplement. For example, explore the Sultanate of Oman on an eight-night Frankincense & Fortresses tour from £2,490 pp as a Private Journey, uncover the Treasures of Transylvania in Romania from £1,840 pp (eight nights) or take a Grand Tour of China from £3,990 pp (22 nights). Prices are based on two people sharing.
Booking with the best
Founded in 1978, Voyages Jules Verne offers 36 years’ experience of innovative and creatively assembled itineraries that cover a variety of themes and special interests, each underpinned by quality and value for money. All its arrangements are fully bonded with ABTA and ATOL, allowing clients to book with complete confidence. This is further affirmed by VJV’s Price Guarantee, which ensures that the price quoted to a client at the time of booking will be the price they pay.
Voyages Jules Verne was placed among the top ten UK holiday companies in a 2014 survey of Which? Travel magazine readers. Achieving an overall customer service score of 84%, VJV performed consistently against a set of criteria that included ease of booking, value for money and overall holiday quality, scoring five stars out of a possible five for the description of its holidays matching the reality.
To book, or to order a copy of the latest World of Wonders brochure - spanning worldwide departures until April 2016 - contact Voyages Jules Verne on 0845 166 7035, email email@example.com or visit the website, www.vjv.com.
Ends 23 January 2015
Press: For further information, contact Karen Carpenter at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. At Voyages Jules Verne, contact Prini Patel on 020 7616 1094 or email email@example.com