- Sea & Sardinia: Follow in the footsteps of DH Lawrence, who wrote the travelogue after which this itinerary is named, on a seven-night circular journey – starting out from Cagliari by train to Mandas and by bus through the mountains, with en-route accommodation in the Oliena area, Alghero and Oristano. As well as enjoying the stunning coastline for which Sardinia is famed, learn more about the island’s history and visit the rural central region, where dramatic landscapes and a delightfully slow pace of life await.
Departing 6 & 20 October 2016, and 27 April, 11 & 25 May, 8 June, 7, 14 & 21 September and 5 & 19 October 2017, the price is from £1,325 pp*. Add a four-night extension at the five-star Pullman Timi Ama hotel, set on a beautiful bay close to Villasimius village, from £395 pp (half board).
- Mountain Island Lake: Often overlooked in favour of its better-known neighbours - Como, Maggiore and Garda - Lake Iseo offers spectacular views of Monte Isola and a charming opportunity to step back in time: traffic is not allowed here, so exploration by boat or on foot of its 11 pretty villages and ports is the order of the day. Lake Iseo is also superbly located for excursions to the Franciacorte wine region, the eastern lakes of Lombardy, the small enchanting lakes of Ledro and Idro, and the historic cities of Brescia and Mantua.
Departing 3 September & 1 October 2016, and 8 & 22 April, 6 & 20 May, 3 & 17 June, 2, 16 & 30 September and 14 October 2017, the price is from £995 pp*. Add a seven-night Lake Como extension, staying at the four-star lakeside Grand Hotel Menaggio, from £495 pp. No single supplement applies on selected dates, subject to availability.
- Passage to St. Petersburg: Setting sail from Helsinki, after a refreshing overnight stay and walking tour of the Finnish capital, embark on the MS Princess Maria across the Gulf of Finland to Russia’s magnificent former imperial capital, St. Petersburg. Here, from a four-star, centrally located base close to Nevsky Prospekt, enjoy visits to St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Admiralty, the Church on the Spilled Blood, Catherine Palace, the Yusupov Palace and the Hermitage, as well as an unforgettable guided tour of the private Fabergé Museum.
Departing 28 September and 12 & 26 October 2016, and 24 May, 7 June, 19 July, 16 & 30 August, 13 & 27 September and 11 & 25 October 2017, the price for this five-night holiday (one night in Helsinki, two in St. Petersburg and two overnight sailings on the MS Princess Maria) is from £795 pp*. Add a two-night extension in the former Finnish capital, Turku, from £295 pp.
- Glories of Gujarat: Brimming with natural, religious and princely heritage, India’s Gujarat region boasts as many Maharajas as its neighbour to the north, Rajasthan, but also an array of palaces, religions and architectural styles, due to the myriad influences (from Arab to Portuguese) brought in over the centuries from its position on the Arabian Sea. This escorted tour – available as a 14-night itinerary in 2016, and as a 16-night itinerary for 2017 departures (with one extra night in Velavadar, and one night in Mumbai) – visits no less than five princely palaces (with lunch at three) and Gir National Park, last refuge of the Asiatic Lion in the wild, amongst its many highlights.
Departing 15 & 22 October and 12 & 26 November 2016, the 14-night tour costs from £1895 pp*. Departing 21 January, 4 & 18 February, 4 & 18 March, 8 April, 14 & 28 October and 11 & 25 November 2017, the 16-night tour costs from £2,045 pp*. Two overnight flights. Voyages Jules Verne also offers a selection of India extensions – including Goa, Cochin/Kerala and Aurangabad, and Nepal. For more details, please click here and here.
- Mekong Explorer: Sail from Thailand’s Golden Triangle through Laos, along one of the world’s great rivers, on a new Pandaw cruise. Travelling on the RV Laos Pandaw, a low-draught vessel that enables passage into parts of the river rendered inaccessible to larger boats, this cruise focuses on the Mekong’s more northerly and dramatic landscapes. As well as the ten-night full-board cruise, this itinerary includes a night’s accommodation each in Chiang Rai and Bangkok.
Departing 29 September & 4 December 2016, and 8 February, 2 March & 29 September 2017 (No Single Supplement 29 September 2017 - limited availability - book by 29 September 2016), the price is from £3,395 pp*. One overnight flight.
Voyages Jules Verne is also delighted to offer three exclusive departures of ‘Mekong Explorer’, during which the RV Laos Pandaw will be chartered for the sole use of its clients. These departures also include two special events in Luang Prabang: a traditional Baci ceremony, unique to Laos, and a private ballet performance at the Royal Palace in Luang Prabang. Departing 21 October, 12 November and 26 December 2017, the price is from £3,495 pp*.
For ALL departures, add a three-night Siem Reap extension – and explore Cambodia’s famous temples of Angkor – from £295 pp*. Alternatively, add extra nights at the four-star Amari Watergate hotel in Bangkok (from £65 per night) or relax for four nights at the five-star Centara Hua Hin Resort (from £395 pp).
* According to the itinerary chosen, prices are based on two sharing and include air travel (London – regional departures on request, where available), taxes, transfers, accommodation, some meals, a sightseeing programme and the services of guides and local representatives. ‘No single supplement’ places are available on selected itineraries and departure dates.
Booking with the best
Founded in 1978, Voyages Jules Verne offers 38 years’ experience in creating innovative itineraries that cover a variety of themes and special interests, each underpinned by quality and value for money. All its arrangements are fully bonded with ABTA and ATOL, allowing clients to book with complete confidence. This is further affirmed by VJV’s Price Guarantee, which ensures that the price quoted to a client at the time of booking will be the price they pay.
Voyages Jules Verne was named Best Holiday Company in the 2015 Which? Travel survey. Scoring an impressive 94% overall, VJV was also the only company to be awarded five stars in each of the five categories on which it was assessed: customer service, accommodation, description matching reality, the tours offered and value for money. Voyages Jules Verne was also nominated in the prestigious Travel Brand of the Year category at the 2016 Which? Awards.
In June 2016, Voyages Jules Verne was named Best Escorted Tour Operator at Silver Travel Advisor’s Silver Travel Awards.
For more information - including EARLY BOOKING OFFERS on a selection of tours - please contact Voyages Jules Verne on 020 3553 3722 or visit www.vjv.com. An online copy of the new World of Wonders brochure can be viewed here.
Ends 27 July 2016
Press: For further information and/or a printed copy of the new World of Wonders brochure, please contact Karen Carpenter at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email email@example.com. At Voyages Jules Verne, contact Prini Patel on 020 7616 1094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.